Faculty Honors & Awards
Each year it is a joy to share faculty excellence with colleagues and friends at Northern Kentucky University.
Our faculty are honored by their peers with a variety of honors and awards each academic year. The rich tapestry of teaching innovations, scholarly achievements and community partnerships showcased bring to life the core values that make NKU unique.
Best of all, the award winners represent only a thumbnail sketch of the quality in instruction, depth of research and range of community partnerships bubbling behind and beyond our classroom doors. Yearly nomination lists are filled with stories that highlight faculty who are making a real difference in the lives of our students and contributing to the progress of our region.
The nomination process for faculty awards was revised in fall 2014. The process has been enhanced to simplify and streamline the procedures for both nominators and the nominees. To nominate a deserving faculty member for one of these prestigious awards, please follow the steps outlined below.
Step 1: Review the description, criteria, and requirements for each of the ten faculty awards.
Review the description, criteria, and requirements closely to ensure that you nominate a qualified candidate.
Step 2: Complete the Nomination Form and compile all of the necessary documents.
In addition to the nomination form, the following documentation is required for each nominee:
- Letter of nomination (self-nomination or a letter from a colleague)
- Letter of support from the department chair (if the chair is the nominator, only one letter is required)
- Letter of support from the college dean
- Letter of support from a faculty colleague
- Nominee’s personal statement – explaining why their work should be recognized (Max. 500 words)
- Nominee’s CV (with courses taught)
Step 3: Submit the Nomination Form and required documents together (via email).
All of these items must be submitted together and must be sent via email to Joel Robinson, assistant provost for special projects at email@example.com. The deadline for submission of all documents is Monday, March 2, 2015.
Step 4: A faculty committee will review nominations and make selections.
Three faculty committees will be convened to review nominees and make awards based on the established criteria. The composition of the Milburn committee will follow established guidelines outlined in the Faculty Handbook.
Step 5: Awards Ceremony.
All awards will be presented at the Faculty Honors and Awards ceremony in late April. The Milburn award winner will be announced at the April ceremony, but officially awarded at the President’s Fall Convocation.
- All documents must be submitted electronically.
- All documents must be submitted together.
- The deadline for submission is Monday, March 2, 2015.
- The Faculty Honors and Awards ceremony will occur in late April, 2015.