Faculty Honors & Awards
Each year it is a joy to share faculty excellence with colleagues and friends at Northern Kentucky University.
Our faculty are recognized by their peers with a variety of honors and awards each academic year. The rich tapestry of teaching innovations, scholarly achievements and community partnerships showcased bring to life the core values that make NKU unique.
Best of all, the award winners represent only a thumbnail sketch of the quality in instruction, depth of research and range of community partnerships bubbling behind and beyond our classroom doors. Yearly nomination lists are filled with stories that highlight faculty who are making a real difference in the lives of our students and contributing to the progress of our region.
Faculty Honors and Awards Nomination Process:
The nomination process was enhanced and simplified in the fall of 2014. To nominate a deserving faculty member for one of these prestigious awards, please follow the steps outlined below.
Step 1: Review the description, criteria, and requirements for each of the ten faculty awards
Read the description, criteria, and requirements closely to ensure that you nominate a qualified candidate.
Step 2: Complete the Nomination Form and compile all of the necessary documents
In addition to the nomination form, the following documentation is required for each nominee:
- Letter of nomination (self-nomination or a letter from a colleague)
- Letter of support from the department chair (if the chair is the nominator, only one letter is required)
- Letter of support from the college dean
- Letter of support from a faculty colleague
- Nominee’s personal statement – explaining why their work should be recognized (Max. 500 words)
- Nominee’s CV (with courses taught)
Based on the volume of applications submitted last spring, we recommend that you plan accordingly and give each of the designated people listed above advanced notice well before the deadline.
Step 3: Submit the Nomination Form and required documents together (via email)
All of the items must be submitted at the same time and must be sent via email to Joel Robinson, assistant provost for special projects, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please label each of the required documents clearly.
The deadline for submission is Tuesday, March 1, 2016.
Step 4: A faculty committee will review nominations and make selections
A selection committee comprised of NKU faculty will review all the nominations and make awards based on the criteria provided. Be sure to specifically address the stated criteria in your nomination materials.
Step 5: Awards Ceremony
Awards will be presented at the Faculty Honors and Awards ceremony on April 28, 2016. The Milburn award winner will be announced at the April ceremony and officially awarded during the President’s Fall Convocation.
- All documents must be submitted electronically.
- All documents must be submitted together and labeled appropriately.
- The deadline for submission of all documents is Tuesday, March 1, 2016.
- The Faculty Honors and Awards ceremony will occur on April 28, 2016.