Academic Affairs Outstanding Staff Member Award
The Academic Affairs Outstanding Staff Member award is given annually to recognize the outstanding work and dedication of two staff members who provide exemplary service and make significant contributions to the NKU community. Award recipients will be selected by a committee of their peers and will be recognized at the annual Academic Affairs Faculty and Staff Honors and Awards Ceremony held in April. Each of the two award winners will receive a $750 award. The recipient can choose to accept the award as a stipend or for professional development.
- Any regular staff employee in the Academic Affairs division is eligible to be nominated after two years of continuous service at Northern Kentucky University. The nominee must be an active employee at the time the award is presented in April.
- Nominees must meet the two-year minimum by January 1 of the nomination year and be a current employee in the Academic Affairs division.
Staff members can be nominated by any NKU faculty or staff member. Self-nominations will not be considered.
Step 1: Carefully review the eligibility requirements and selection criteria (provided on this webpage) to ensure you nominate a qualified candidate. Be sure to specifically address the selection criteria in your nomination materials.
Step 2: Complete the nomination form and compile all of the necessary documents. Click here to access the nomination form. In addition to the nomination form, the following documents are required:
- Letter of nomination (from a colleague, faculty member or supervisor)
- Letter of support from the employee's supervisor (not required if supervisor is nominator)
- Letter of support from a colleague (only one colleague support letter may be submitted)
- Nominee's personal statement - describing their contributions to NKU (500 words or fewer)
Step 3: Submit the nomination form and required documents together via email. All of the required documents must be submitted at the same time and must be sent via email to Joel Robinson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submission is Wednesday, March 1, 2017
- Overall job performance and quality of work
- Professionalism, integrity and collegiality
- Commitment to student service, customer service and/or client service
- Impact on department, unit and/or university
- Ability to exceed the expectations of colleagues and/or supervisors
- A committee comprised of staff members from the Academic Affairs division will review all nominations and render decisions based on the selection criteria provided above.
- Recipients will be recognized at the annual Academic Affairs Faculty and Staff Honors and Awards Ceremony in April.